#SwoleMates: Why working out with your partner is the best thing ever

21 Feb

I recently answered some questions for the fantastic Laura Farman-Williams, founder of Girls Gone Sporty, and was really excited to end up in her finished article about the benefits of training with your partner.

Swolemates

I’d strongly recommend that you check out the article: #SwoleMates: Why working out with your partner is the best thing ever

Do you train with your partner? Why/why not?

7 Responses to “#SwoleMates: Why working out with your partner is the best thing ever”

1. bgddyjim 21/02/2016 at 3:29 pm #

My wife and I ride together all of the time, and it is good. Nice post.

• tamsynsmith 21/02/2016 at 6:59 pm #

Thanks. I love cycling with my husband and we’ve enjoyed a couple of cycling holidays together, but at the moment he’s in full-on training mode for his Ironman, so I only get to ride outdoors with him when he’s doing an easy ride (and then it’s a serious training ride for me). Fortunately, the speed difference doesn’t make a difference when we’re both on our turbo trainers!

2. neveradullbling 21/02/2016 at 4:22 pm #

We’ll ride together, but we don’t run together. He’s too fast for me to keep up. Although we do all our fitness planning and discussions, etc., together, just not the actual running.

• tamsynsmith 21/02/2016 at 7:01 pm #

I know that problem. Stu is a significantly faster runner than me, but sometimes he’s doing a ‘recovery jog’ and can come with me (or he’s being nice and chooses to pace me). It’s still good to plan together though and to share what we’ve learnt about training πŸ™‚

3. kylabee 22/02/2016 at 2:41 am #

My husband and I run together on weekends because through the week I run in the early morning.
    We also sometimes go to the gym together when we are on holiday’s.

• tamsynsmith 22/02/2016 at 8:04 am #

Morning running is great, isn’t it? I’m hoping the weather improves here soon, so that I can get some more morning runs in. It’s great that you get to run with your husband at the weekends.

• kylabee 22/02/2016 at 8:36 pm #

Yes, I love mornings for running for the beautiful sunrises and the quietness. I also then have no excuse not to run because someone wants to meet after work or I am just too tired after being at work. πŸ™‚
        Hope the weather gets better soon for you.