I’ve spent the last couple of days discussing the races and events that I want to enter in 2015. Stuart is a firm believer in quality over quantity, whereas I want to enter everything! I quite enjoy doing cross-country running and usually do some of the local cross-country series (CC6) but Stu doesn’t want to risk injury; also he is leading Marafun training runs on Sunday mornings and these clash with the CC6s, so we have agreed to do these runs together.
I’ve also been considering my SMART goals for the year. These are goals that are:
My four goals
I have four goals:
I am going to eat healthy food for 20/21 meals and assess my progress at the end of 100 days (14th April). In that time, I hope that I will lose 14lbs (6.5kg). I will record my progress on Give It 100.
Between now and 26th April, I am going to work hard on my speed by attending Thursday night track sessions. I will also run on Monday evenings. My aim is to complete Southampton HM in under 1:55, with under 1:52:19 as my ultimate goal as that would be a PB/PR.
On 9th August, I want to achieve a PB/PR at Ironman Dublin 70.3. I completed Weymouth Half in 7:24. A time of under 7 hours is possible if I work hard on all three disciplines. I will train for 14 weeks from 3rd May.
I want to complete the Scilly Swim Challenge on 5th September. To do this, I will need to go open water swimming at least once a week between June and September. I will speak to my coach about how to train for an endurance swimming event such as this.
I need to work on my training programme to support these goals. I’m not allowed to swim until the middle of January, but for the next few months, my training schedule is going to include the following:
- Monday: Crossfit; running; swimming.
- Tuesday: Spinning; swimming.
- Wednesday: Rest day. (Maybe lunchtime yoga).
- Thursday: Track running.
- Friday: Swimming.
- Saturday: parkrun or swimming.
- Sunday: Long run. Bike ride.
I’ve now scheduled most of my races and events for 2015. There’s a whole range of different events that I’ve entered:
- HRRL – this is a league of 12 races for local club runners. The events are open for any runner to enter, but only the results of local club runners are counted in the league.
- RR10 – this is a spring/summer local off-road running league. These races are free for local club runners and are 4-5 miles long. Dates for 2015 have not yet been confirmed.
- parkrun – this is a free, weekly, timed 5k event. I will be adding them in accoridng to my training schedule, but I suspect that I will need to prioritise swimming over running for much of 2015.
- Eastleigh aquathlons – this is a series of races hosted by TryTri events on Thursday evenings. Entry to them is free for SUTRI members.
Stu and I are also going cycling in Japan with a friend in early April. We’re expecting to ride about 60-70 miles a day, which will be tiring, but good training.
- 11/01/15 Marafun training run
- 18/01/15 Stubbington 10k (HRRL)
- 25/01/15 Evans Cycles Ride It Newbury Sportive 112km
- 01/02/15 Marafun training run
- 15/02/15 Marafun training run
- 22/02/15 Heartbreak Half
- 01/03/15 Marafun run
- 08/03/15 Salisbury 10 mile (not yet entered)
- 22/03/15 Winchester Duathlon (not yet entered)
- 29/03/15 Marafun training run
- 04/05/15 May Day Tri (sprint)
- 16/05/15 Grand Shaftesbury Triathlon (standard)
- 17/05/15 Grand Shaftesbury 10k
- 28/05/14 Eastleigh aquathlon
- RR10 #2 Stoney Cross
- RR10 #3 Wilverley, Sway
- 07/06/15 Big Cove Swim (1.5 miles) (not yet entered)
- 20/06/15 Brutal 10 (pair relay – 12 hrs – 10km route)
- 25/06/15 Eastleigh aquathlon
- Blackfield RR10 #4
- Alver Valley Country Park RR10 #5
- Manor Farm Country Park RR10 #6
- 12/07/15 GU Energy Weymouth Bay Triathlon (Standard)
- 18/07/15 St. Michael’s Mount swim (~2.5k) (not yet entered)
- 25-26/07/15 Adidas Thunder Run (team relay – 24 hours – 10km route)
- 30/07/15 Eastleigh aquathlon
- RR10 #7 Marwell Zoo
- RR10 #8 Janesmoor Pond, Stoney Cross
- 09/08/14 Ironman Dublin 70.3
- 16/08/14 Big Cove Swim (3 miles)
- 27/08/15 Eastleigh aquathlon
- RR10 #9 Itchen Valley Country Park
- RR10 #10 IBM Hursley Park
- 05/09/14 Scilly Swim Challenge
- 24/09/14 Eastleigh aquathlon
- 15/11/15 Denbies Duathlon or Gosport Half Marathon (TBC)
2015 is going to be a busy year. What have you got planned?