After having a tough week, it has been really exciting to be nominated for the Sunshine Award by Running to her Dreams. Please take some time to check out her fantastic blog. It includes some really beautiful photographs. I know some of you will be asking what the Sunshine Award is:
The Sunshine Award represents positivity, inspiration and creativity.
The rules for accepting the Sunshine Award are:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you think are positive, inspirational and creative…….
11 random facts about me…..
- I managed to get an RLSS lifesaving award in primary school despite the fact that I was terrible at swimming. It took me until 2013 to learn how to swim properly!
- Languages are one of my passions. I used to be an English teacher and have studied French, German, Latin, Ancient Greek, Spanish and Japanese.
- I have syndactyly (webbed feet)… but it doesn’t make me a better swimmer!
- 95% of the flowers in my garden are pink oriental lilies as I love the smell.
- I never drink coffee – I can’t stand the smell
- I miss the sports I used to do and if I could go back to doing gymnastics, karate and ballet, I would, but there just aren’t enough hours in the day!
- I struggle with perfectionism, which I think is a contributor to the depression that I battle.
- A wasp flew into my crash helmet when I was riding a motorbike on A-level results day. I blacked out and crashed and have a badly scarred left arm as a consequence.
- I’m happier wearing a dress/skirt than trousers, but as I cycle to work every day, I rarely get to wear them. I also LOVE cowboy boots, and my sister has helped to feed this addiction
- I’m incredibly proud of being Cornish.
- I started going out with my husband the day after we moved in together!
My nominees for the Sunshine Award
The next part of these awards is the most difficult and thought-provoking. I love reading blogs and all of the ones that I follow are positive, inspirational and thought-provoking. I’m just glad that I’m not limited to only selecting blogs by women this time! Here are my 11 nominees:
- Damn Girl, That’s a Lot of Fattitude.
Danielle is a hugely inspirational triathlete whose honesty about her struggles in life as well as her positivity mean that her blog is always a great read.
- Sneaker Therapy
Dawn’s blog is another one of my favourites. She’s a fellow #SweatPink Ambassador and she posts pictures of amazing food.
3. Or Die Trying
I’ve not been following Chris’ blog for long, but he stopped by and posted a comment, so I visited his blog and was interested in what I read. He’s a persistent guy, so I hope he achieves his goals!
If you love cycling, adventures and great photos then you’ll love Andrew’s blog. He posts regularly and always responds to comments.
I recently interviewed Chris – he’s an awesome guy who’s overcome some huge obstacles to get to where he is today.
Erin’s blog is super-stylish, just like her. I don’t believe that a bad photo of her exists!
Dave is another relatively new 30-something triathlete who wants to lose weight, so we have a lot in common!
If asked to describe Liz’s blogging style, I’d describe it as ‘jolly’. She is hugely positive and always looks on the bright side of life.
Kathleen’s blog has one of the best tag-lines that I’ve ever read: “She turned her cant’s into can’s & her dreams into plans…”
10. Dry to Tri
Chris is fairly new to blogging, but he’s someone who is incredibly positive who has encouraged me in my triathlon dreams.
Teri’s blog is chronicling her journey to the start line of London Marathon 2014. She’s raising money for a great charity that is close to her heart.
Please make sure that you visit these blogs – even if you only have time to bookmark them now and need to pop back later for a longer read. Thank you again Running to her Dreams 🙂
Happy reading and blogging everyone!