What are your goals and dreams?

29 Dec

I think the name of my blog clearly explains my goal:

Fat Girl to Ironman

I am planning to complete an iron distance triathlon… and am still hoping to lose a few more pounds along the way.

Dreams

I also have many dreams – they’re not quite goals yet as I haven’t planned how I am going to achieve them.

• I want to continue to inspire other people to lead fit and healthy lives.
  • I want to remain part of the SOAS Team as it’s an empowering group of women (and the tagline ‘Fashion. Fit. Function.’ is a really accurate description as they’re gorgeous, cut to fit real women and really comfortable).
  • I want to improve my bike skills and cycle from Land’s End to John O’Groats.
  • I’d love to travel the world with my wonderful husband

What are your goals and dreams?

6 Responses to “What are your goals and dreams?”

1. Anders Bore 30/12/2015 at 9:02 am #

Haven’t really given that much thoughts right now, but firstly I want to keep my job as there is a “depression” going on right now in the job market. Secondly I have to see what to do wrt fitness. This year I lost 15kg and managed to get back on the same level (strength) I had at 118kg, so I guess the goal is to maintain the current weight. I also want to improve my blog, where diversity is the key element for 2016

• tamsynsmith 31/12/2015 at 9:53 am #

Great goals. I’ve had the same thoughts about my job – there may be days when I don’t love it, but it’s a thousand times better than not having a job! I’ll be following your blog to see how that goes 🙂

2. janerunswild 30/12/2015 at 3:33 pm #

Wow, amazing goal! I can’t imagine finishing an ironman. My goal is to BQ and actually get in to the race!! 😄 Happy New Year!

• tamsynsmith 31/12/2015 at 10:01 am #

I’ve got more hope of finishing an ironman than BQing! (I’d need a 48 minute improvement to even be in with a chance). Until I read your blog, I had no idea that getting a fast enough time wasn’t a guarantee of a place… if it doesn’t happen for you, maybe you could have a racecation and do London instead.

• janerunswild 31/12/2015 at 1:38 pm #

Yes it’s hard to believe but for Boston 2016 you had to finish with a time less than 2:28 from the given qualification times! I’d love to run London one day! I have Paris in April which will be a great runcation- I’ve never been! I think you can BQ one day, it will just take time and dedication! But an ironman is amazing!

3. AndrewGills 01/01/2016 at 6:25 am #

To get back into the physical shape is was before my two years of travel. To continue to find new and more balanced ways of living than the old 9-5 existence I had two years ago. To find the balance between responsibility and freedom. To laugh as much as possible