Monday Morning Motivation – ask yourself…

22 Dec

running-motivational why

What got you started with running/cycling/swimming etc in the first place? Does that same goal still motivate you now? If you’re not already a runner, is it on your list of New Year’s Resolutions? Don’t wait – why not start now?

8 Responses to “Monday Morning Motivation – ask yourself…”

1. delozier0727 22/12/2014 at 3:35 pm #

Reblogged this on eleat.

2. Sandra 22/12/2014 at 8:50 pm #

Watching my sister swim a leg of a triathlon at a ymca camp. I had never seen her swim before–and she was a frigging human torpedo! I decided that since i had just gotten divorced and no longer played softball, i needed something. That is my story!

• tamsynsmith 23/12/2014 at 10:16 am #

Great motivation, Sandra. It sounds like you’re a great swimmer now – have you ever challenged your sister?

• Sandra 23/12/2014 at 12:17 pm #

Ha ha ha! That is hilarious! :-). She has neen swimming competitivelly since grade school. I jusy learned a few years ago. I seam the same leg of the tii at the ymca camp against her 10 year old daughter eho came from behond to beat me. :-). I wouldn’t stamd a chamce. 🙂

• tamsynsmith 23/12/2014 at 2:28 pm #

OK – that might be a bit of a tough challenge. As for your niece, all I can say is that the smaller the child the faster they seem to go!

• Sandra 23/12/2014 at 2:32 pm #

She has taught me so much. Just a fee years ago it took me 35 strokes to get doen a 25 yard lane! But yes, i will probably never catch her. As far as her daughter? She has THE most perfect stroke i have ever seen. :-). And she is super competitive. After we finished she said, “once i saw you, I knew i could beat you!” :-).

3. @ScorpioOnSUP 23/12/2014 at 5:13 am #

I just feel guilty if I don’t run… Haha…

• tamsynsmith 23/12/2014 at 10:17 am #

That’s as good a reason as any. I’m finding it really hard not to be able to do any exercise at the moment. I can’t remember the last time that I had this long off. Even my holidays are usually training camps! 🙂