Cycling with a legend

15 Sep

I was feeling too tired to go to the track this evening, which is frustrating as I haven’t done very much exercise this week. I’ve also realised that I may not be able to do parkrun on Saturday as I need to be at an antenatal class by 10am and the others might not appreciate it if I turn up a bit late (and sweaty!) However, I am still considering whether it’s possible to squeeze in Netley Abbey parkrun (which is the run nearest to the class).

I’ve got Friday and Monday off work as I need to use up my annual leave before I go on maternity leave. There’s loads of housework and decorating that needs to get done, but I think it’s only reasonable that I have a little time for myself. I saw the following advert and couldn’t resist signing myself up:
Cycle with Dani King

I’ve not done a lot of cycling recently, but I do still tackle some great hills on the way to and from work, so I’m hoping that I have plenty of energy for this ride. It’s downhill from my house to Fleming Park, but I hope that the post-ride refreshments will give me enough energy to cycle home from the ride as there’s a big hill to get up!

There are still places left on this ride, so if you’re near to Eastleigh (Hampshire, UK) and are female, why not book a place?

6 Responses to “Cycling with a legend”

1. bgddyjim 15/09/2016 at 9:31 pm #

Sadly, wrong continent and definitely the wrong gender. Have a nice ride.

2. organicsandra 15/09/2016 at 10:56 pm #

Oh how fun! What a cool opportunity! Would love to hear more about it!

• Tamsyn Smith 15/09/2016 at 10:57 pm #

I’ll definitely take some photos and write a blogpost afterwards 🙂

• Polly 17/09/2016 at 11:07 am #

Looking forward to hearing about this. Unfortunately, I’m at the wrong end of the country to join you. Hope you have a good ride, …and a short rest, perhaps, when you finish? Take care of yourself.

3. Canuck Carl 25/09/2016 at 9:24 pm #

Hoping the event went well for you. Often these are very life changing!

• Tamsyn Smith 28/09/2016 at 9:03 pm #

I’ve had a busy fortnight, so am a bit behind with posts, so – spoiler alert – the ride didn’t go ahead 😦 I don’t think it was lack of interest, but the timing made it too difficult for many people to get there. Fingers crossed there will be another one that I can do.