This morning’s motivation is brought to you courtesy of ultrarunner Rory Bosio. Rory is an American athlete who specialises in ultra-trail runs. She won the 2013 and 2014 editions of Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc and the Lavaredo Ultra-Trail in 2014. She ran her first 1-mile race at the age of 8 and in 8th grade she won her local cross country championships.
Even with her success at the highest level, she keeps her training enjoyable with a mix of skiing, hiking, yoga, and general goofing off between races. She even has a Beer Mile overall win to her name, so you know she doesn’t take herself too seriously.
Rory Bosio’s top race results
- Tahoe Rim Trail 50 Mile: 1st female & female course record 2017
- Third place, The North Face Challenge Utah 50k, 2016
- First place overall, Atacama Extreme 100 Mile, 2015
- Two-time winner, Ultra-Trail Du Mont-Blanc 166K, 2013 and 2014
- First place, The North Face Challenge Utah 50 Mile, 2014
- First place, Lavaredo Ultra Trail 118K, 2014
- 2012 Western States 100 mile: 2nd female/21st overall/ CR for 18-29yrs 18:08
- Winner of a Beer Mile overall
These three films should provide plenty of inspiration to get you through the week.