Still waiting

25 Oct

Well, I’m still hanging on waiting for mini me to arrive, but she seems to be as stubborn as Stuart/determined as me!

I’ve eaten plenty of spicy food, but there’s a limit to how much curry/fajitas/chilli I can take! I’ve also eaten a lot of fresh pineapple, but apparently pregnant women need to eat at least 7 for the bromelain to have any effect!

Fresh pineapple

Fresh pineapple

On Monday, I went to tri club swimming, which was fun, but I think people were surprised to see me there. Then on Tuesday, I went out for a brisk walk up and down a nearby hill whilst Stuart did a scheduled hill sprints training session.

Stuart doing hill sprints

Stuart doing hill sprints

img_7916 img_7917

I was advised against doing parkrun on Saturday, which was disappointing as I felt fit and well and I missed seeing everyone, but I took the opportunity to have a lie in instead. I also didn’t make it to swimming last night, so I’m hoping to fit in a brisk walk (to get some raspberry leaf tea) today before having a relaxing massage.

Fingers crossed that I’ll have some news soon!

7 Responses to “Still waiting”

1. Polly 25/10/2016 at 3:14 pm #

– I hope everything goes to plan.Best of luck

2. bgddyjim 26/10/2016 at 1:52 am #

Have him massage the back of your ankles. Just make sure the car is gassed up and warmed up first… in fact, maybe you should drive to the hospital and have him do that in the parking lot. And put some plastic down on the car seat.

I’m not kidding. Took my wife 30 minutes, and that worked for both kids.

3. unironedman 26/10/2016 at 1:50 pm #

Sure no rush! Babies generally arrive when they want to, regardless of your plans. In fact, despite any great plans. That’s from personal and professional experience.

• Tamsyn Smith 27/10/2016 at 8:06 am #

Unfortunately, my local NHS Trust disagrees 😦

• unironedman 27/10/2016 at 12:43 pm #

Are you overdue then? I guess so, otherwise they wouldn’t be getting stroppy

4. Nicki Taylor 30/10/2016 at 1:09 pm #

Hope all goes well and you have a lovely birth x