Excitement on Social Media

11 Aug

The last three weeks have been pretty exciting for me on social media. First of all, at the end of July I learnt that Fat Girl to Ironman had been added to the Vuelio Top 10 UK Sports Blogs, which was a big surprise, especially given the prestigious company I was in. Please check out the blogs on that list.

Vuelio Sports Blogs UK Top 10 Vuelio Top 10 screenshot of FGTI

Then this week, I heard from WIMI Sports and Fitness who gave included this blog on their 50 Best Women’s Running Blogs to Start Reading Now.

WIMI 50 Best Women's Running Blogs

29: Fat Girl to Ironman

Look at that – sandwiched between a couple of amazing blogs! 🙂

I was familiar with a lot of blogs on this list, but have enjoyed spending the last couple of evenings going through the list and subscribing to lots amazing running blogs.

Which blogs are your favourites and why?

7 Responses to “Excitement on Social Media”

1. Tamsyn Smith 11/08/2016 at 10:16 pm #

Sorry? I’m not sure what you are asking?

• Tamsyn Smith 11/08/2016 at 10:19 pm #

I currently see a midwife and have annual appointments with an asthma nurse to check that my asthma is controlled, but as I’m fit and healthy I don’t have any other check ups.

2. unironedman 12/08/2016 at 9:57 am #

I like http://tricoach.ie/ coz Rob tells it like it is, and he has been there and well-earned the T shirt. I’ve got into https://fitrecovery.wordpress.com/ lately, as Jim posts regularly and always with good cheer; positive messages and a wealth of useful info for a cycling newbie like me. I’m a big fan of loneswimmer.com, as there can’t be many other open water swimming blogs out there with such a back catalogue of great reads and vital information. And if you are a foodie, you will love hungrybreton.com – a quirky take on Ireland from a French ex-pat.

• Tamsyn Smith 12/08/2016 at 12:40 pm #

Oh yes, I read Fit Recovery, but I’ve not heard of the others, so I’ll check them out. Thanks 🙂

3. AndrewGills 12/08/2016 at 10:34 am #

Well done

4. adarling575 13/08/2016 at 3:03 pm #

oh god no so many new blogs!! Sometimes I wonder how I’m ever going to do any training of my own or write about it on my own blog, when I want to spend all my time engrossed in reading other people’s blogs!! So much inspiration and wonderful training tips. I also read FitRecovery and love it, I also really like TwinsinTrainers!

• Tamsyn Smith 14/08/2016 at 10:30 am #

Ooh – thanks for the suggestions. I’ve now opened up Twins in Trainers in another tab, so that I can have a read 🙂