How did you get here?

15 Feb

I’m a stats geek, so I love looking at the stats dashboard in WordPress. This week has been a great week for me in terms of numbers – I tweeted for the 1000th time and my blog follower figures topped 2000, so THANK YOU to everyone who is now following my blog. (Remember that if you’d like to have every blog post delivered to your in-box it is possible to subscribe!)

I’m a little bit competitive, so I’m always trying to get new PBs in terms of views and viewers, but the bit that intrigues me the most is the searches that people type in that lead them to my blog.

Unsurprisingly, ‘fat girl to ironman’ is the key search term that people have used, with ‘running motivation’ a close second. Here’s a Wordle showing the search terms that people have used:

Search terms Wordle

There were some truly bizarre terms that people searched for, including “the majic number 96” and “iceberg lettuce collecting” as well as many that were too obscene for me to repeat here!

How did you originally find your way here?

6 Responses to “How did you get here?”

1. Lucy 15/02/2015 at 9:05 pm #

I think I found you through a list of triathlon bloggers? I was searching for UK based triathlon blogs and came across a list somewhere. A few people have found my blog by searching for “sexy wetsuit lady” or “sexy girl in trisuit”. I hope they were not disappointed with what they found!

• tamsynsmith 16/02/2015 at 2:18 pm #

Hi Lucy! Thanks for replying. I’ve added myself to a few blog lists, but I’m never sure whether anyone looks at them anymore. There seem to be a lot of people out there with wetsuit fetishes – I get lots of similar hits!

2. kevin 17/02/2015 at 7:36 pm #

triathlon Ironman Inspiration Quotes

• tamsynsmith 22/02/2015 at 8:31 pm #

Thanks, Kevin – I hope you found what you were looking for. Every Monday I post something I think is motivational/inspirational.

3. kylabee 19/02/2015 at 11:15 pm #

I think we stumbled across each other with the Around the World Running Blog Relay.

• tamsynsmith 22/02/2015 at 8:31 pm #