Planning for 2014
October 24, 2013
With only 10 weeks left in 2013, I thought I should start planning for next year. My five-year plan included the following for next year:
|2014||1600m swim||63-mile sportive (IoW)||Marathon||Sprint|
I haven’t booked a 1600m swim yet, but I may do Bournemouth Pier to Pier swim in July 2014. For cycling, I may do the Wiggle All Wight Sportive. I’ve already booked my place in Brighton Marathon in April 2014. I completed two sprint distance triathlons this year, so maybe I should up the ante.
The events listed below are ones that I’ve entered or am thinking of entering:
- CC6 05/01/14 (cross country race – no entry fee if running for a local club)
- Stubbington 10k 19/01/14 entered
- CC6 09/02/14 (cross country race – no entry fee if running for a local club)
- Charlton Duathlon 23/02/14 not entered yet
- CC6 02/03/14 (cross country race – no entry fee if running for a local club)
- Salisbury 10 mile 09/03/14 not entered yet
- Winchester Duathlon 16/03/14 not entered yet
- Eastleigh 10k 23/03/14 not entered yet
- Lightning run 04/05/14 not entered yet
- Portsmouth Duathlon (3) 11/05/14 not entered yet
- Netley 10k 18/05/14 not entered yet
- Nightrider London 07-08/06/14 not entered yet
- D-Day 10k 08/06/14 not entered yet
- Eastleigh Open Water Tri 29/06/14 not entered yet
- Thunder Run 26-27/07/14 entered
- Challenge Weymouth (Half) 14/09/13 entered
Yes, you read that correctly!!! My lovely other half has entered both of us into the half iron distance Challenge event that will take place in Weymouth in 2014. Only this afternoon, I was explaining my sensible long-term triathlon plan to a colleague at work – oops, I’ve blown that now!
324 days to go!
Have you started planning for 2014 yet?